Projects per year
The Sports Studies degree programme is multi-thematic, reflecting the richly diverse research interests and projects within the Sports Studies Research Group.
Staff and students working in this area have a shared commitment to undertake research which is both soundly underpinned theoretically, and is grounded in the reality of practical implications and real-world applications.
The main strands of research involve
- Sports coaching
- Sports development
- Sports leadership and management
- Sociology of sport
Recent and current projects
- Learning from legendary coaches
- An exploration of fluctuations in the perceptions of expertise of expert sports coaches
- Sport pedagogy
- High performance coaching
- Women’s sport leadership
- Outdoor and adventurous activities in higher education
Body compassion intervention to improve body image and the motivation to engage in physical activity in adolescents and young adults
- Herts Sports Partnership
- The Anita White Foundation at the University of Chichester
- Norwegian School of Sport Sciences
Collaborations and top research areas from the last five years
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
- Sport, Health and Exercise
- Research Unit in Sport, Physical Activity and Ageing
- Centre for Research in Psychology and Sport Sciences
- Health and Wellbeing
- Applied Coaching and Leadership
- Department of Psychology, Sport and Geography
- School of Life and Medical Sciences
Pike, E. & Smith, A., 6 Jan 2023, In: Frontiers in Sociology. 2 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile6 Downloads (Pure)
Planning, delivering, and evaluating formalised sport coach mentoring: exploring the role of the Programme DirectorSawiuk, R., Leeder, D. T., Lewis, D. C. & Groom, D. R., 1 Mar 2022, In: Sports Coaching Review . 21 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile1 Downloads (Pure)