Projects per year
- Joint Programme Leader for Digital Animation & Games.
- practical and theoretical aspects of new-media, animation and games design
- narrative creation in comics, animation, games and interactive media
- pre production for 2D and 3D animation, videogames and VFX
- comics creation and related studies from print to digital comics.
Commercial and public engagement
- Freelance comic creator and a new media designer/consultant.
- Gained international recognition within the field of experimental digital comics.
- Worked for major entertainment companies such as Sony Interactive Entertainment and Marvel Comics.
- Received the International Clickburg Webcomic Award in Holland in 2006.
- Print comic, The Last Sane Cowboy awarded with the Isotope Award for Excellence In Comics in San Francisco in 2005.
- Practice lead investigation into digital comics forms such as hypercomics and webcomics
- The transmediation and hybridisation of the comics form.
- How the key tropes of the comics medium are effected by digital mediation and extension of the comics page?
- Comics hybridisation with the ludic qualities of the videogame
- Challenges of screen and architectural spatiality in comics
Internationally renowned digital comics creator and freelance new media designer/consultant. A principle lecturer in narrative and interaction design with a research specialisation in the field of experimental digital comics. Joint Programme Leader for Digital Animation and Games at The University of Hertfordshire.
Comics, Professional Doctorate in Design, The Impact of Digital Mediation and Hybridisation on the Form of Comics
6 Sept 2011 → 6 Sept 2017
Award Date: 6 Sept 2017
- 1 Similar Profiles
Goodbrey, D., 19 Oct 2020, Comics and Videogames: From Hybrid Medialities to Transmedia Expansions. Rauscher, A., Stein, D. & Thon, J-N. (eds.). 1st ed. London: Taylor & Francis Group, p. 45-59 15 p.
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Chapter (peer-reviewed) › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile35 Downloads (Pure)