Projects per year
Current: Professor Emerita of Mathematical Psychology
Originally B.Sc., M.Sc. n physics.Ph.D. in Mathematical Psychology, Columbia University, New York City. Career as computer programmer on real time systems (air traffic control). Followed by accademic career at University of Hertfordshire (former Hatfield Polytechnic), ending as Head health & HUman Scences Research Institute and Blended Learning champion.
Passionately committed to both open science (OSF ambassador)and advancing role and opportunities for women in STEM (science, technology, engineering, medicine). Experienced mentor welcoming mentees in these area generally as well as in psychology,
- Decision making: speed, accuracy & bias
- Mathematical modelling of cognitive processes
- Quality evidence, open science, and replication, see
- Statistics: Generalized Linear Mixed Models; Bayes
Collaboration: Rachel Msetfi, University of Limerick
Happy to accept:
- Mentees, Ph.D. students, B.Sc., M.Sc. Psychology Project students, Interns
Mathematical Models of the Psychology of Thinking
- Decision Making: weighing up uncertainy and cost benefit
- Modelling time to make perceptual and action decisions
- Psychophysics of vision, audition, value, utility, pleasure & pain
- Theory: design & analysis of ordinal measures, e.g. 1-5, 0r 1-7 scales of agreement or approval
- Application: National Student Survey
- Application: Neurophysiological & brain measures
- Application: Physiological markers of cancer
- Guidelines: Design & analyses that include effect size and power
Human Computer Interaction
- Evaluation of human performance with technology
- Statistical analyses of humanperformance
- Technology for blind and visually impaired people
Higher Education & Technology
- Use of semi-automatic assessment & feedback
- Physics and statistics education
Evolutionary Psychology of Counterintuitive Cultural Practices
- Poor families killing girl-children
- Institutionalized child abuse
- Honour killing and violence
- Group differences at the group level: gender and ethnicity
- Cognitive Psychology
- HumanComputer Interaction
- Mathematical Modelling
Commercial and public engagement
Athena Swan Panellist
- Associate Editor, British Journal of Mathematical Statistical Psychology
- President International Society for Psychophysics 2006 - 2008
Mathematical Psychology, Ph.D., Columbia University in the City of New York
Award Date: 30 Apr 1973
Nuclear Physics, M.Sc., Chelsea College of Science & Technology, University of London
Award Date: 1 Jul 1966
Physics, B.Sc., The University of Bristol
Award Date: 1 Jun 1961
Athen Swan Panellist, Advance HE
1 Nov 2010 → …
- 1 Similar Profiles
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
CAAVIP: Cloud Application Accessibility for Visually Impaired People
Kornbrot, D., Georgiou, G., Kent-Ledger, J. & Cain, S.
3/07/12 → …
SOCK: Statistics of Ordered Categories and Kinds: satisfaction, performance, memory
Kornbrot, D. & Kvavilashvili, L.
1/09/09 → …
Depression and thinking: effects on time perception and judgment
Kornbrot, D., Msetfi, R. M. & Grimwood, M.
1/01/08 → …
Discrimination Models from Published and Deposited Data
1/10/18 → 31/12/20
Kornbrot, D. & Rustin, G. J.
3/09/12 → 28/08/15
Sense of Control and Depression during Public Health Restrictions and the COVID-19 PandemicMsetfi, R., Kornbrot, D., Halbrook, Y. J. & Senan, S., Nov 2022, In: International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 19, 21, 14429.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen Access
Depression symptoms and the perception of public health restrictions during the COVID-19 pandemic in Saudi Arabia: The protective effect of sense of controlSenan, S., Halbrook, Y., Kornbrot, D. E. & Msetfi, R. M., 1 Aug 2022, In: Preventive Medicine Reports. 28, 6 p., 101836.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile4 Downloads (Pure)
Registered reports: an early example and analysisWiseman, R., Watt, C. & Kornbrot, D., 16 Jan 2019, In: PeerJ. 7, 1, 13 p., e6232.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile10 Citations (Scopus)55 Downloads (Pure)
Quality science from quality measurement: The role of measurement type with respect to replication and effect size magnitude in psychological researchKornbrot, D., Wiseman, R. & Georgiou, G., 12 Feb 2018, In: PLoS ONE. 13, 2, p. e0192808 e0192808.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile1 Citation (Scopus)74 Downloads (Pure)
Digital Learners in Higher Education: Exploring Technology Ownership Patterns and Learning EngagementJefferies, A., Monett-Diaz, D. & Kornbrot, D., 26 Oct 2016, Proceedings of the 15th European Conference on E-Learning. Novotna, J. & Jancarik, A. (eds.). Reading, UK: ACPI (Academic Conference Publishing International), p. 315-322 8 p.
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Conference contributionOpen AccessFile1 Citation (Scopus)73 Downloads (Pure)