Projects per year
Professor Jacqueline [Jackie] Kelly - University of Hertfordshire
Professor Jackie Kelly is Dean of the School of Health and Social Work [HSK] at the University of Hertfordshire.
As Dean of HSK, one of the largest Schools in the University, Jackie is responsible for the strategic leadership of a diverse portfolio, supporting over circa 6,000 students, delivering innovative evidence-based education, high quality research and enterprise. Strong partnerships with the NHS and wider health and care sectors are a cornerstone to the success of the provision.
Jackie is a learning disabilities nurse by background. Her career has incorporated working in a variety of clinical settings, in assessment and treatment services, community learning disabilities teams, and in systemic psychotherapeutic practice, higher education, management and leadership.
Jackie’s research interests focus on family experience of learning/intellectual disabilities. Current research explores siblings’ experience of intellectual disabilities in the UK. Recent work has involved the co-creation and promotion of resources to support uptake of Covid-19 vaccinations for people with intellectual disabilities and autism. [CAREVIS].
Jackie is active in supporting strategy and influencing UK policy in health and care higher education leadership. She is passionate about ensuring that the voice of people using health and care services, and this is integral to the development of education and research across HSK.
Key External positions
- Co-Chair, Non-Medical Editor and Website Management Lead Understanding Intellectual Disabilities and Health http://www.intellectualdisability.info/
- Expert advisor, Queen’s Nursing Institute [QNI] Field Specific Standards Advisory Board.
- Deputy Convenor, Council of Deans for Health, England
- HEI Representative, Hertfordshire and West Essex Integrated Care System People Board
- Beyond Words: Co-creation and evaluation of a resource to support COVID-19 vaccine uptake in people with intellectual disabilities Jones, J., Pattison, N., Kelly, J., Maloret, P. & Mayrhofer, A. £23,429.50, NHS - Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust
- Darzi Fellow in Clinical Leadership Whiting, L. & Kelly, J.
- 1 Similar Profiles
Collaborations and top research areas from the last five years
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
Beyond Words: Co-creation and evaluation of a resource to support COVID-19 vaccine uptake in people with intellectual disabilities
1/04/22 → 31/08/22