Projects per year
Broadly speaking I am interested in various areas of cognitive psychology but I am particularly interested in the following:
- Semantic memory, concepts and categorical decision making (collaboration with Dr Sue Anthony). Specific work looks differentiating processes between thematic and taxonomic categorisation.
- Cognitive processing and categorisation in autism (collaboration with Dr Sue Anthony).
- Embodied cognition and the role of action/affordances in concept learning and language comprehension (collaborations with Dr Sue Anthony, Prof Fred vallee-Tourangeau, Dr Caroline Whyatt and Dr Pietro Caggiano).
- The impact of technology on memory performance (collaborations with Dr George Georgiou and Prof Mike Page).
Current Teaching (BSc Psychology):
- Methods for Psychologists 1 (L4)
- Methods for Psychologists 2 (L5)
Current Teaching (MSc Psychology Conversion):
- Methods of Collecting Data in Psychology (L7)
Previous Teaching (BSc Psychology):
- Introductory Developmental and Language Psychology (L4)
- Foundations in Developmental Psychology (L4)
- Psychological Research (L5)
- Psychological Work Experience (L5 & L6)
Previous Teaching (MSc Research Methods in Psychology):
- Research Methods and Data Analysis (L7)
In addition to the above I have supervised a range of projects at L6, L7 and L8.
Commercial and public engagement
In the last few years I have done a number of outreach talks to local schools and colleges for prospective students with an interest in studying Psychology. If this is of interest for educators with prospective psychology students please get in touch via email to discuss (email@example.com).
Psychology, PhD, University of Hertfordshire
2010 → 2017
Psychology, MSc Reserch Methods in Psychology, University of Hertfordshire
2008 → 2009
Psychology, BSc Psychology, University of Hertfordshire
2005 → 2008
External Examiner, Institute of Medical and Biomedical Education, St George's University of London, London, UK.
Apr 2021 → …
- 1 Similar Profiles
Collaborations and top research areas from the last five years
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
- 1 Finished
Shipp, N., Anthony, S. & Guest, D.
1/11/19 → 31/07/20
Thomas, S., Shipp, N. & Ryder, N., 5 Jul 2022, In: Child Language Teaching and Therapy. 13 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile6 Downloads (Pure)
Assessing the use of thematic and taxonomic relations in the conceptual processing of healthy ageingShipp, N., Guest, D. & Anthony, S., 2020, (In preparation).
Research output: Working paper
Thomas, S., Shipp, N. & Ryder, N., 4 Jun 2019. 1 p.
Research output: Contribution to conference › Poster › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile20 Downloads (Pure)
Shipp, N. & Vallee-Tourangeau, F., 1 Feb 2019, BPS Cognitive Psychology Bulletin, 4.
Research output: Contribution to specialist publication › Featured articleOpen AccessFile52 Downloads (Pure)
Shipp, N., Jackson, M. & Anthony, S., 2019.
Research output: Contribution to conference › PosterFile16 Downloads (Pure)